The popularity of Google Android devices is seemingly unstoppable and the Android 4 release offers, for the first time, a single OS solution for building both phone and tablet applications. With that exciting information in mind, veteran author Wei-Meng Lee presents you with 100 unique recipes that you can apply today in order to discover solutions to some of the most commonly encountered problems that exist in Android programming.
· Chapter 1: Android Fundamentals
· Chapter 2: Using Views to Design the User Interface
· Chapter 3: Displaying Lists of Items and Images
· Chapter 4: Telephony
· Chapter 5: Messaging
· Chapter 6: Network Programming
· Chapter 7: Using Google Maps
· Chapter 8: Location-Based Data Services
· Chapter 9: Accessing the Hardware
· Chapter 10: Persisting Data
· Chapter 11: Deploying Your Android Applications
Wei-Meng Lee is the founder of Developer Learning Solutions, a technology company specializing in hands-on training in the latest Microsoft and Apple technologies. He writes extensively for online publications and is also the author of Beginning Android 4 Application development
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.