• Introduction and Fundamentals
• Constituents of Modern Lubricants
• Crankcase Oil Testing
• Crankcase Oil Quality Levels and Formulations
• Practical Experiences with Lubricant Problems
• Performance Levels, Classification, Specification and Approval of Engine Lubricants.
• Other Lubricants for Road Vehicles
• Other Specialized Oils of Interest
• Blending, Storage, Purchase and Use
• Safety Health and the Environment
• The Future.
Roger Haycock spent more than 35 years working for the Exxon group. For the past 5 years, he has been an independent consultant on fuel and lubricant topics. He is also an active representative of the European petroleum additives industry.
John Hillier spent more than 30 years working for British Petroleum at the BP Research Center. In addition to lecturing, he provides advice on specialist fuel and lubricant evaluations for oil industry clients and resolves lubricant-related issues in support of new engine technologies.