Building Maintenance Management provides a comprehensive profile of the many aspects of property maintenance. This second edition has been updated throughout, with sections on outsourcing; maintenance planning; benchmarking and KPIs; and current trends in procurement routes (including partnering and the growth of PFI) integrated into the text. There is also a new chapter on the changing context within which maintenance is carried out, largely concerned with its relationship to facilities management. More coverage is given of maintenance organizations and there are major updates to relevant aspects of health and safety and to contract forms.
• The changing context within which Building Maintenance operates.
• The Maintenance Dimension.
• Maintenance Organizations.
• The Design/Maintenance Relationship.
• The Nature of Maintenance Work.
• Information Management.
• Maintenance Planning.
• Maintenance Contracts.
• The Execution of Building Maintenance.
• Statistics Appendix 2 - Methods of Financial Appraisal
Senior undergraduates and postgraduates in Building Surveying and Facility Management ; and practicing facility managers.
Peter Swallow lectures in the Department of Building Surveying at De Montfort University, and Barrie Chanter is a former lecturer there. They both have strong combined backgrounds in building and building surveying.