The book deals with the powerful concept of Business Process Reengineering (BPR) employed to bring about dramatic improvement in key business processes. It compares other important management concepts with BPR like Kaizen, TQM, Quality Function Deployment (QFD), ISO Standards and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). The book also deals with the management of change at length for a clear understanding of several aspects of change needed for the successful implementation of BPR in an organization.
1. Business Process Reengineering and Kaizen
2. Definition and Illustrations of Business Process Reengineering
3. Business Process Reengineering and Other Management Concepts
4. Implementation of Business Process Reengineering
5. Reengineering Structure
6. Common Pitfalls in Business Process Reengineering
7. Change Management in Business Process Reengineering
· Structure of Change,
· Approaches to Radical Change,
· Management of Change in Business Process Reengineering,
· Concepts and Application of Negotiation in Business Process Reengineering
Dr. B.R. Dey, former director of the Tata Management Training Centre(TMTC) Pune, is a visiting faculty at various management institutes in Pune. He holds a Ph.D in Statistics from the University of Kolkata; he has been a gold medalist for both his graduation and postgraduation degrees from the same University. He has also worked at Tata Steel, and taught Quantitative Techniques at XLRI, Jamshedpur and Presidency college, Kolkata. In addition to authoring a book on Quality Circles, he has contributed more than 50 research papers and articles in various reputed journals and newspapers.