The Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security) concentration certification targets candidates responsible for securing a network that primarily uses Cisco devices. This in-depth Study Guide provides 100% coverage of every exam objective, covering in depth the technologies developed by Cisco specifically designed to ensure a network is secure. Book features hands-on labs, end of chapter review questions, and a handy tear-out objective map showing the reader where each exam objective is covered. In addition, the enhanced CD contains the Sybex Test Engine, Flashcards, and entire book in PDF format.
• Chapter 1 Introduction to Network Security.
• Chapter 2 Creating the Secure Network.
• Chapter 3 Securing Administrative Access.
• Chapter 4 Configuring AAA Services.
• Chapter 5 Securing Your Router.
• Chapter 6 Layer 2 Security.
• Chapter 7 Implementing Cisco IOS Firewall.
• Chapter 8 Implementing Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention.
• Chapter 9 Understanding Cryptographic Solutions.
• Chapter 10 Using Digital Signatures.
• Chapter 11 Using Asymmetric Encryption and PKI.
• Chapter 12 Implementing Site-to-Site IPsec VPN Solutions.
Appendix A Securing Voice Solutions.
Appendix B Introduction to SAN Security.
Appendix C Exploring Endpoint Security.
Appendix D Capstone Exercise.
Appendix E About the Companion CD.
Primary Reader: Those studying for the CCNA-Security exam. Primary job role is network administration, with a concentration on securing a Cisco network environment.
Secondary Reader: CCNAs looking to expand their portfolio by focusing on security best-practices, and learning about Cisco's security offerings.
Tim Boyles, CCNA, CISSP, CISA, has over 20 years IT professional experience, specializing in in network administration and security. He is currently a consultant and regional security practice lead for BT Global Services. He is also an instructor for SANS Institute, occasional speaker, and has authored numerous books Cisco certifications.