The Cisco Certified Network Associate-Wireless (CCNA-Wireless) certification targets an associate-level IT professionals who administers a wireless enterprise network. Candidates must pass the Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials (IUWNE) exam (640-721).
The CCNA-Wireless is the first tier in Cisco's Wireless certification Specialization, followed by the Cisco Certified Wireless Professional (CCWP) with the ultimate goal of achieving one's CCIE-Wireless designation.
The exam validates ones ability configure, implement and support wireless LANs (WLANS), specifically those networks using Cisco equipment. Candidates should be able to support, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot a basic wireless network on a Cisco WLAN in a SMB to enterprise network.
• Chapter 1 Wireless Networks And Topologies.
• Chapter 2 Wlan Rf Fundamentals.
• Chapter 3 Spread Spectr.
• Chapter 4 Wireless Regulation Bodies, Standards, And Certifications.
• Chapter 5 Introduction To Wireless Security.
• Chapter 6 Wireless Clients And Cisco Extension (CCX).
• Chapter 7 Introduction To The Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN).
• Chapter 8 Introduction To The Cisco Mobility Express Wireless Architecture.
• Chapter 9 Installing The Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN).
• Chapter 10 Configuring Wireless Security On The CUWN.
• Chapter 11 Wireless Control System (WCS).
• Chapter 12 WLAN Maintenance And Troubleshooting.
Primary Reader: Those studying for the CCNA-Wireless exam. Primary job role is network administration, with a concentration on developing, maintaining, and securing a wireless solution. Secondary Reader: CCNAs looking to expand their portfolio by focusing on wireless best-practices, and learning about Cisco's wireless offerings
Todd Lammle, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE, CEH, CHFI, FCC RF Licensed, is the authority on networking. He has been involved in computers and networking with Fortune 500 companies for over 25 years. Todd is President of GlobalNet Training, Inc, a networking integration and training firm based in Dallas. Todd is the best-selling author of numerous Cisco books, including the popular CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, with over 200,000 copies in print. He can be reached through his web site at www.lammle.com.