The eighth edition of Design and Analysis of Experiments continues to provide extensive and in-depth information on engineering, business and statistics as well as informative ways to help readers design and analyze experiments for improving the quality, efficiency and performance of working systems. Furthermore, the text maintains its comprehensive coverage by including new examples, exercises and problems, new topics and problems in the area of response surface, new topics in nested and split plot design, and the residual maximum likelihood method is now emphasized throughout the book.
• Introduction to Designed Experiments
• Basic Statistical Methods
• Analysis of Variance
• Experiments with Blocking Factors
• Factorial Experiments
• Two-Level Factorial Designs
• Blocking and Confounding Systems for Two-Level Factorials
• Two-Level Fractional Factorial Designs
• Other Topics on Factorial and Fractional Factorial Designs
• Regression Modeling
• Response Surface Methodology
• Robust Design
• Random Effects Models
• Experiments with Nested Factors and Hard-to-Change Factors
Practicing engineers and scientists, statisticians, managers, students and professors of industrial engineering.
Douglas C. Montgomery, Regents' Professor of Industrial Engineering and Statistics at Arizona State University. He has authored and coauthored many technical papers as well as twelve other books. Dr. Montgomery is a Stewart Medalist of the American Society for Quality.