To keep pace with recent breakthroughs in scientific research, water analysis, and program implementation and monitoring, this Second Edition features expanded and updated information on
* All drinking water regulations issued since the previous edition in 1990
* Current drinking water standards adopted by the European Community
* Lead poisoning, radon, and Cryptosporidium
* Compulsory water treatment for lead and copper
* Coliform Rule compliance (disinfection and filtration)
* Trihalomethane reduction with ozonation
In the second edition of Handbook of Drinking Water Quality, De Zuane builds on that legacy with the same practical and conceptual emphases, adding a wealth of new information that provides immediate access to the data and guidelines needed to
* understand the impact of drinking water parameters on public health
* help build and operate water supply facilities
* conduct reliable drinking water sampling, monitoring, and analytical evaluation
* implement portability standards from the source to the treatment facility, to storage, to the tap
* write new standards and expand/modify existing standards as quickly as needed.
As a quick reference, handbook, and technical manual Handbook of Drinking Water Quality, Second Edition, is an essential volume for engineers, water supply and treatment personnel, environmental scientists, public health officials, or anyone responsible for assuring the safety of drinking water.