HTML5 Foundations will teach you how to turn plain words and images into stunningly beautiful websites using HTML5. HTML5 Foundations will give you the knowledge to move beyond the constraints of prebuilt themes and simple site building tools. It will empower hobbyists, freelancers and entrepreneurs, to create fully customized websites that match their needs perfectly.
Inside you will learn:
• The basics of HTML5
• How to format text
• How to add scripts to pages
• HTML5 video and audio
• How to embed a video
• Geolocation and so much more...
With this beautiful, full color practical guide you will learn how to create innovative, eye-catching website designs that make people stop and pay attention.
Part 1: Creating Web Pages with HTML
• Chapter One: Getting Started with HTML5
• Chapter Two: Structuring a Web Page
• Chapter Three: Creating the Page Templates
• Chapter Four: Creating the Web Pages
Part 2: Dealing with Data
• Chapter Five: Working with Forms
• Chapter Six: Enhancing Your Web Forms with HTML5
• Chapter Seven: Validating Form Data Using HTML5
• Chapter Eight: Using Micro data
• Chapter Nine: Ensuring Accessibility
• Chapter Eleven: Adding Video and Audio
• Chapter Twelve: Storing Data
Part 4: Advanced HTML5 Technologies
• Chapter Thirteen: Using Geolocation
• Chapter Fourteen: Using Canvas to Create Online Ads
Appendix A: Additional HTML Markup for Text
Appendix B: HTML Elements Index
Appendix C: Where to Go from Here
Matt West is the founder of Developer City where he builds HTML5 websites for firms around the world. Matt is a hybrid, dealing with both the design and development of the website projects he works on. Working on open source projects, Matt taught himself knows how to code and has since built everything from small business websites to advanced route optimizers.