Written by accredited ITIL trainer and Certified ITIL Expert Liz Gallacher, the ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide is your complete guide to passing the ITIL Foundation Exam. Organized around the ITIL Foundation syllabus, and based on the Author's vast experience in teaching ITIL students, this guide includes everything readers need for success.
• Service Management as a Practice
• Understanding Service Strategy
• Service Strategy Processes
• Understanding Service Design
• Service Level Management: Aligning IT with Business Requirements
• The Other Service Design Processes
• Service Design Roles
• Understanding Service Transition and the Change Management Processes
• Service Transition Processes
• Delivering the Service: The Service Operation Lifecycle Stage
• The Major Service Operation Processes
• The Other Service Operation Processes
• Understanding Continual Service Improvement
• Exam Essentials
• Review Questions
• Appendix A Answers to Review Questions
• Appendix B Sample Foundation Examinations
• Appendix C About the Additional Study Tools
This title appeals to readers who prefer self-study over the more expensive training courses. A typical reader has previous experience in an IT department, or is an IT student at University.
Liz Gallacher (Milton Keynes, UK) has been fully conversant with the ITIL framework for many years, and has implemented improvement programs based on most aspects of it on several occasions. Liz achieved distinction in the ITIL Manager certificate in April 2002 (top 6%), and now holds ITIL Expert certification, including all of the Capability stream and most of the Lifecycle stream qualifications. She is a member of the ISEB managers Certificate Examiners panel.