The New edition of this classic book has been thoroughly revised, but remains faithful to the principles that have established it as a favorite among teachers and students around the world. It provides a concise and relevant treatment of inorganic chemistry and is written with such clarity that it is undoubtedly among the easiest to read of its competitors.
• Atomic structure and the Periodic table.
• Introduction to bonding.
• The ionic bond.
• The covalent bond.
• The metallic bond.
• General properties of the elements.
• Coordination compounds.
• Hydrogen and the hydrides..
• Group 1 - The alkali metals.
• The chlor-alkali industry.
• Group 2 - The alkaline earth elements..
• The group 13 elements.
• The group 14 elements.
• The group 15 elements.
• Group 16 - the chalcogens.
• Group 17 - the halogens.
• Group 18 - the noble gases.
• An introduction to the transition elements.
• Group 3 - The scandium group.
• Group 4 - The titanium group.
• Group 5 - The vanadium group.
• Group 6 - The chromium group.
• Group 7 - The manganese group.
• Group 8 - The iron group.
• Group 9 - The cobalt group.
• Group 10 - The nickel Group.
• Group 11 - The copper group: Coinage metals.
• Group 12 - The zinc group..
• The lanthanide series.
• The actinides.
- Students preparing for engineering entrance exams especially JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced), etc.
- For coaching class instructors in preparing students for competitive examinations
- For chemistry students preparing for Class 11 & 12 examinations of CBSE and other state boards.
For students preparing for other regional engineering entrance examinations
Sudarsan Guha is a respected teacher of Inorganic Chemistry and currently teaches at Allen Career Institute, Kota, which is a prestigious coaching academy for JEE aspirants. He was earlier associated with Bansal classes in Kota. He has B.Sc. in chemistry from Belur Ramakrishna Mission College, B. Tech in ceramic engineering from Calcutta University and M. Tech from IIT Kanpur. He has been teaching Chemistry for the past 10 years to the students preparing for the JEE.