For nearly fifteen years, Joel Comm has been generating revenue on the web through a number of successful online businesses. In KaChing, he shares his five primary methods of making money online, combining traditional marketing with the new, offering detailed strategies and techniques that can be applied to any niche or market. Each of the five methods is broken down into simple, practical, duplicable steps.
Within each topic, Joel shares stories of his own success, and the book concludes with a number of case studies that span the five styles of making money online. The theme of "KaChing"--the sound made by a cash register when a sale is made--is woven throughout.
Introduction--Creating Your Personal KaChing Button.
Chapter 1 The New Web Order--How the Internet Has Brought Opportunity to Everybody.
• So, Just How Easy Is It to Begin Building a Web Site?
• From Blogging to KaChing.
Chapter 2 Your Uniqueness Equals Cash.
• Choosing Your Niche.
• The Value of Your Niche--How Keywording Can Boost the Price of Your Passion.
• Niches Are Nice, but Micro-Niches Create Nicer KaChings.
• You're Not That Unique--Building Your Community.
• The Seven Keys to Success.
Chapter 3 Content Is Not King . . . It Is KaChing!
• You Don't Have to Be a Writer to Write Valuable Content.
• Seven Content Types that Go KaChing.
• It's Not Just What You Say, It's How You Say It.
• Ghost and Guest Writers.
• Turning Your Content into KaChing.
Chapter 4 Information Products--Selling Your Knowledge.
• Creating Killer Ideas for Your Information Products.
• Creating the Product.
• Writing Copy that Sells.
• Recruiting Your Affiliate Sales Team.
• Add a Shopping Cart to Your Site.
• The Big Launch!
Chapter 5 Earning from Affiliate Programs.
• So, What Exactly Is an Affiliate?
• Choosing Merchants That Match Your Market.
• Choosing the Products that People Want.
• Strategies for Affiliate Success.
• What The FTC's Guidelines Means for Affiliates.
Chapter 6 Membership Sites--Turning Your Internet Business into a Passive Revenue Machine.
• What Is a Membership Site?
• What Do Online Membership Sites Have to Offer?
• Pricing Your Membership: How Much Is Too Much?
• Creating Your Membership Site the Easy Way.
Chapter 7 Coaching Programs.
• What Is Coaching?
• Strategies for Branding.
• How to Do PR for Mass Impact.
• Getting Started: Low-End Coaching.
• Kicking It Up: High-End Coaching.
Chapter 8 Case Studies.
• Content Sites.
• Affiliate-Supported Sites.
• Information Products.
• Subscription Sites.
Other books by Joel Comm.
Joel Comm one of the world's leading experts on making money online, has been creating profitable websites since 1995. He is co-creator of ClassicGames.com, which was acquired by Yahoo in 1997 and is now known as Yahoo Games, one of the most successful multiplayer game sites in the world. In 2005, Joel became widely known in the online marketing realm when he released his first ebook on how to make money with Google AdSense. A bestseller, the book was a catalyst for the AdSense Code, which went on to become a NY Times, BusinessWeek, and Amazon.com bestseller. His newest book, Twitter Power (Wiley) has sold approximately 25,000 copies since its February 2009 release. Joel has become an in-demand presenter for Internet marketing, business, and personal development conferences, and has spoken at multiple events, appearing on stage with some of the biggest names in the industry. He now devotes his time to teaching others how to generate revenue online.