Do you find yourself being asked to lead others but have no idea where to start? Do you lead a team spread across different offices or even continents? In this no-nonsense guide to leadership you will find answers to crucial questions like: what is leadership? And what style of leadership should I be using? You'll discover how to lead your friends whilst remaining their friend; how to lead change in a way that people accept and understand; when and where to draw the line; and how to reflect on your experiences to become a better and more effective leader.
Part I: Introducing Leadership.
• Taking the Lead.
• Pinning Down the Meaning of Leadership.
• Leadership and Management: Two Sides of the Same Coin.
Part II: Leading Yourself.
• Leading 2018Inside Out': Knowing Yourself to Become a Better Leader.
• Singing Your Leadership Song: Being in Tune with Your Values.
• Stepping Up to Leadership: Handling Dilemmas.
Part III: Leading Others.
• Developing a Sense of Purpose.
• Employing the Power of Engaging Leadership.
• Becoming an Engaging Leader.
• Modifying Your Leadership Style.
• Leading People to Peak Performance.
Part IV: Leading People Through Change.
• Diving into a Sea of Change.
• Transforming Workplace Culture: A Leader's Approach.
• Reinforcing a New Culture: Maintaining Your Workplace Changes.
Part V: Leading Different Types of Team.
• Leading Your Own Team.
• Taking on a Project Team.
• Facilitating Virtual Teams.
• Leading Your Senior Management Team.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
• Ten Tips on Taking the Lead.
• Ten Tips for Leading Yourself.
• Ten Tips for Engaging People.
• Managers who are thrust into leadership positions for the first time as well as more experienced leaders who are looking for hints, tips and tricks to make a great impact and become great leaders.
• Students on business and management courses
• Sports coaches and people who run community groups
Dr. John Marrin is a leading authority on how leaders of organisations totally engage their directors, managers and employees to enhance their commitment to deliver improved performance. He is a leadership coach and organisation development specialist to a wide range of clients including large multinationals, privately owned businesses and public sector organisations. His passion is engaging people to work better together through enhancing mutual understandings and establishing shared commitment and accountability for achieving success. He is founder of Marwel & Co. which specializes in leadership development and employee engagement.