There never seem to be enough hours in the day to take care of daily business and work towards your goals, it's an issue of prioritization and time management. The Strategic Planning Handbook offers readers the solution, in the form of a daily and weekly system that shuffles your schedule until everything fits. You'll first define your goals in concrete terms, translating your vision into workable strategy, and then you'll put pen to paper and map out a plan for making it reality. Day-by-day and week-by-week, you'll watch the results roll in as you fine-tune your plans and exercise an unprecedented level of control over your life and your business.
Part 1: Planning
- Mindset: The one thing that determines everything else
- Wheel of Life exercise: The big picture for business and personal growth
- Business Planning
- A sense of logic: Working through the plan in a specific order
- Working from the big picture down
- A big BUT...
- Time for some definitions
- Strategy: The first building block of the plan
- The Business Audit: Evaluating current performance
- FiMO-PC exercise: Measuring performance to date
- The Three-by-Three Strategy Matrix exercise: Three-year goals
- The Cascade exercise: Mapping the journey from vision to KPIs
- The Wallpaper exercise: Mapping out the journey ahead
- The Annual Business Plan
- Personal Planning
- Probably Your Best Year Yet exercise: Identifying your roles and goals
- The Annual Personal Plan
Part 2: The Journal
- Using the Journal section
- Quarter 1
- Quarter 2
- Quarter 3
- Quarter 4
- Annual Review
Part 3: Additional Material and Resources
- Finance machine
- Marketing machine
- Operations machine
- People and Culture machine
- A dashboard for the journey
Bibliography and Further Reading
Is This the End?
About the companion website
About the Authors
The Directors' Centre
Primary: CEOs; managing directors; executives; managers; team leaders; coaching and consulting firms; member organizations; business schools (MBA students)
Secondary: The author's corporate clients
Robert Craven is a first-class, international Keynote business speaker, author and consultant who enthusiastically shares his 'free of nonsense' approach with his audiences. He delivers presentations that are highly relevant and action-focused: a unique blend of hard facts, latest thinking and intuitive insights - all focused on actionable takeaways that the audience will be able undertake after the event. Robert has an excellent mix of author, business, academic and speaker credentials.
Adam Harris is a speaker, facilitator and Director at www.fresh-mindset.com. He specializes in providing leaders with the insights and tools they need to develop expertise in making the right introductions, and leverage this knowledge for strategic sales success. Adam's speaking is both dynamic and powerful, and his high profile clients include NatWest bank; Cindex Inc; Direct PA Services; Pedigree; Nottingham Trent University; Talk Internet; Consumer Choices and many more.