Analyze tabular data using the BI Semantic Model (BISM) in SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services-and discover a simpler method for creating corporate-level BI solutions. Led by three BI experts, you’ll learn how to build, deploy and query a BISM tabular model with step-by-step guides, examples and best practices. This hands-on book shows you how the tabular model’s in-memory database enables you to perform rapid analytics-whether you’re a professional BI developer new to Analysis Services or already familiar with its multidimensional model.
· Chapter 1 Introducing the Tabular Model
· Chapter 2 Getting Started with the Tabular Model
· Chapter 3 Loading Data Inside Tabular
· Chapter 4 DAX Basics
· Chapter 5 Understanding Evaluation Context
· Chapter 6 Querying Tabular
· Chapter 7 DAX Advanced
· Chapter 8 Understanding Time Intelligence in DAX
· Chapter 9 Understanding xVelocity and Direct Query
· Chapter 10 Building Hierarchies
· Chapter 11 Data Modeling in Tabular
· Chapter 12 Using Advanced Tabular Relationships
· Chapter 13 The Tabular Presentation Layer
· Chapter 14 Tabular and Power Pivot
· Chapter 15 Security
· Chapter 16 Interfacing with Tabular
· Chapter 17 Tabular Deployment
· Chapter 18 Optimizations and Monitoring
Build agile and responsive Business Intelligence solutions
Marco Russo, MCT, is a BI consultant and mentor who advises clients on the BI lifecycle and relational and multidimensional design of data warehouses.
Alberto Ferrari is a BI consultant who focuses on a methodological approach to the BI development lifecycle, as well as performance tuning of SQL and ETL code.
Chris Webb, MVP for SQL Server, is an independent consultant and trainer specializing in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, MDX, and DAX.