This Eighth Edition is a learning-centered text that includes several pedagogical enhancements to help the student quickly acquire and retain important information. It is written for those who will be involved with some phase of purchasing throughout their hospitality careers. This text covers product information as well as management of the purchasing function, and how this relates to a successful operation. It also acts as a comprehensive reference guide to the selection and procurement functions within the hospitality industry. Purchasing: Selection and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry is the comprehensive and up-to-date hospitality purchasing text available today.
· The Concepts of Selection and Procurement.
· Technology Applications in Purchasing.
· Distribution Systems.
· Forces Affecting the Distribution System.
· An Overview of the Purchasing Function.
· The Organization and Administration of Purchasing.
· The Buyer's Relations with Other Company Personnel.
· The Purchase Specification: An Overall View.
· The Optimal Amount.
· The Optimal Price.
· The Optimal Payment Policy.
· The Optimal Supplier.
· Typical Ordering Procedures.
· Typical Receiving Procedures.
· Typical Storage Management Procedures.
· Security in the Purchasing Function.
· Fresh Produce.
· Processed Produce and Other Grocery Items.
· Dairy Products.
· Nonfood Expense Items.
· Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment.
Andrew Hale Feinstein is Professor and Associate Dean at the William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. He also serves as the Senior Advisor to the President at the university.
John M. Stefanelli is a Professor in the Food and Beverage Management Department at William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration at the University of Nevada Las Vegas.