This unique book draws on the best contemporary thinking about design and design methodology, including discussions of concurrent design and quality function deployment. Recent developments based on the second law of thermodynamics are also included, especially the use of energy analysis, entropy generation minimization, and thermo economics. To demonstrate the application of important design principles introduced, a single case study involving the design of a cogeneration system is followed throughout the book.
• Introduction to Thermal System Design.
• Thermodynamics, Modeling, and Design Analysis.
• Energy Analysis.
• Heat Transfer, Modeling, and Design Analysis.
• Applications with Heat and Fluid Flow.
• Applications with Thermodynamics and Heat and Fluid Flow.
• Economic Analysis.
• Thermo economic Analysis and Evaluation.
• Thermo economic Optimization.
Adrian Bejan is J. A. Jones Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Duke University. He is author of Convection Heat Transfer, Second Edition; Advanced Engineering Thermodynamics; and Heat Transfer; all published by Wiley.
George Tsatsaronis is BEWAG Professor of Energy Conversion and Protection of the Environment at the Technical University of Berlin.
Michael Moran is Professor of Mechanical Engineering at The Ohio State University. He is coauthor (with Howard N. Shapiro) of Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics, now in its third edition and published by Wiley