This book provides a single point of knowledge about wireless data technologies. The book will focus on wireless data networks, wireless channels, wireless local networks, wide area cellular networks and wireless network security. No high level background is required.
• Wireless data--introduction.
• Reference architectures for wireless data networks.
• Components of a wireless LAN.
• Wlans: the physical layer.
• Wlans: medium access control.
• Mobility and internet protocols.
• Data communications in cellular networks: cdma2000.
• Data communications in cellular networks: w-cdma
• Security in wireless data networks.
• Routing in wireless lans
• Wireless personal area networks and ultra wide band communications.
• Broadband wireless access (bwa).
• Appendix: overview and guide to the ieee 802 lmsc.
Primary audiences are technical personnel involved in product development in wireless data networks, and graduate students of wireless technologies. Also as a reference for professionals and students in information systems.
Aftab Ahmad is currently Associate professor of Computer Science at DePaul University. He has published over 40 papers and a book Fundamentals of Data Communications. His current research involves wireless network planning, Quality of Service (QOS) based call control in IP radio access Networks (IP-RAN), and QOS routing with IP.