Audio Signal Processing and Coding
|Author||:||Andreas Spanias, Ted Painter, Venkatraman Atti|
|Remarks||:||Exclusively distributed by Ane Books|
This book provides an in-depth treatment of algorithms and standards for perceptual coding of high-fidelity audio. This is a self-contained reference in the sense that it surveys and addresses all aspects of the field including signal processing and perceptual (psychoacoustic) fundamentals, details on relevant research and signal models, details on standardization and applications and details on performance measures and perceptual measurement systems. It includes a comprehensive bibliography containing over 600 references.
· Signal Processing Essentials.
· Quantization and Entropy Coding.
· Linear Prediction in Narrowband and Wideband Coding.
· Psychoacoustic Principles.
· Time-Frequency Analysis: Filter Banks and Transforms.
· Transform Coders.
· Subband Coders.
· Sinusoidal Coders.
· Audio Coding Standards and Algorithms.
· Lossless Audio Coding and Digital Watermarking.
· Quality Measures for Perceptual Audio Coding.
This is a self-contained reference that introduces readers to the field of perceptual audio coding