Social media and Mobile marketing exemplify two extreme pivots of any human behavior. While the first marketing form (social media) establishes the desire of an individual to connect to the largest (like-minded) human audience possible, the second form (mobile marketing) reflects that person’s inner-most need to view the world through a most personalized and private lens. This dichotomy of any living being to generate external influence among their social groups and at the same time exert personal control over their actions gives power and credence to this title to help marketers tread the delicate path between community and personalization, merging both actions for a winning combination.
Social media marketing added a unique aspect that was missing in Web 1.0, which was interactivity. With social media applications taking turns to reach the podium (from ICQ to Orkut to now Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc) this landscape has witnessed an incredible change based on the nature and type of social interactions consumers have thrived for. This book attempts to help readers understand the overall social media landscape, lay a conceptual foundation to execute key deployment stages and showcases top platforms (their feature and functionalities) towards implementing social media marketing in today’s times.
Mobile marketing has seen a whirlwind rise from the first time Alexander Graham Bell introduced the telephone in 1876 at the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia, US, till the launch of the latest smartphone you hold in your palm today. Mobile’s ubiquity, feature-richness and ability to hold humongous data has made it the front-runner to deploy multiple marketing campaigns which can be deployed at the most personal level. This book aims to introduce readers to the evolution of mobile network technology, understand the mobile consumer and key stakeholders, establish a mobile marketing deployment framework and review multiple execution use-cases (establishing presence, extending presence, partner execution) and their types.
Following are the key unique differentiators of Social Media and Mobile Marketing textbook:
Social Media Marketing
- Introduces the seven building blocks of social media marketing
- Outlines the Marketer-Consumer-Influencer (MCI) Social Engagement Model and establishes an understanding of Social Media Actors and Social Landscape Model
- Defines an industry-oriented SOCIAL Media Marketing Framework (including Scan, Organize, Campaign, Implement, Analyze, Leverage stages)
- Reviews major platforms- Social networking (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+), Blogging (Twitter, WordPress, Blogger), Content-sharing platforms (YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Provides knowledge on Extended Social Media Platform Categories (Messaging Platforms, Enterprise Collaboration Platforms, Question and Answer Platform)
- Showcases Indian social media case studies along-with emerging trends
- Outlines the evolution of mobile marketing and the integrated mobile ecosystem
- Maps key mobile stakeholders across Mobile Marketing Value Chain and outlines the Mobile Landscape Model along-with its key actors and actions
- Defines an industry-oriented MOBILE Media Marketing Framework (including Mobilize, Objective, Build, Implement, Localize, Engage stages)
- Reviews key ways of Establishing and Extending Mobile Presence (including Mobile Web, Mobile Apps, Mobile Advertising, Mobile Social, Mobile Email Marketing)
- Provides knowledge on Mobile Partner execution types (Mobile Broadcast execution, Mobile Narrowcast execution, Mobile Location marketing)
- Showcases Indian mobile marketing case studies along-with emerging trends
- Reviews key tenets to developing a career in social media and mobile marketing