Boosting Self-Esteem for Dummies
Exclusively distributed by Penguin Books
This expert guide explains the psychology of self-esteem and how effects every aspect of our lives - from the way we function at work, conduct relationships, view our bodies, approach parenting and achieve social status. Written by an expert author team, Rhena Branch and Rob Willson of The Priory Clinic, this book takes a psychological and therapeutic approach to the subject and explains the origins of self-esteem; what it is and how it works with us and against us, and offers practical techniques and solutions, including CBT techniques, to help readers rediscover their self-worth, set realistic goals, boost their self esteem and start living life to the full.
I Understanding Self Esteem
• Defining Terms - Self Acceptance vs Self Rating
• Exploring the Effects of Low Self Esteem
• Determining Domains and Clarifying Criteria of Self Worth
II Acknowledging that You're OK Right Now!
• Preventing the 'Part-Whole Error'
• Totalling More Than the Sum of Your Parts
• Becoming Relatively Comfortable in Your Own Skin
• Building a Better Body Image
• Spotlighting Personal Development
III Taking On New Techniques
• Learning the Language of Love
• Positively Rewriting History
• Seeing is Believing
IV Identifying the Interpersonal Impact of Low Self Esteem
• Dancing and Romancing
• Working with Others
V Living Like You Mean It!
• Honouring Commitments to Yourself
• Living According to Your Values
• Doling Out Self Discipline
VI Part VI Title
• Ten Hallmarks of People with Healthy Self Opinion
• Ten Helpful Habits for Honing Healthy Self Opinion
• Ten Potential Sources of Inspiration