Build A Brand in 30 Days: With Simon Middleton, The Brand Strategy Guru
|Remarks||:||Exclusively distributed by Times Group Books|
You don't need a marketing degree or intensive training to build an attention-grabbing brand; you just need this book - and 30 days. This book shows you how to create, manage and communicate your brand profoundly and effectively, in just 30 days, by following 30 clear exercises. How you work through the book is up to you, the result will be the same: an authentic, compelling, and highly distinctive brand that will attract and engage customers and fans.
• DAY 1 What your brand is and what your brand isn't.
• DAY 2 Your brand benchmark test.
• DAY 3 Finding your authentic purpose.
• DAY 4 Ambition and desire: what do you actually want from this?
• DAY 5 From personal ambitions to rational intent: brand strategy
REAL BRAND STORY: bpha.
• DAY 6 Talent: recognizing it and developing it.
• DAY 7 Establishing your brand values.
REAL BRAND STORY: Adnams.
• DAY 8 Putting your brand in context: finding out what's out there.
• DAY 9 and 10 Use your imagination.
REAL BRAND STORY: BeWILDerwood.
• DAY 11 Who don't you want to sell to?
• DAY 12 Exploring your brand through the six-legged spider.
• DAY 13 Refining your unique brand essence.
• DAY 14 Understanding brand 'positioning'.
REAL BRAND STORY: Bray's Cottage Pork Pies.
• DAY 15 Creating the narrative.
THE EXPERT VIEW: Tracy Kenny, Aviva.
• DAY 16 Your brand name: how to get it right and how to avoid pitfalls.
REAL BRAND STORY: Voluntary Norfolk.
• DAY 17 Creating the internal brand positioning statement.
• DAY 18 Shaping the external brand positioning line.
REAL BRAND STORY: Anthony Nolan.
• DAY 19 Nurturing your greatest resource: you.
• DAY 20 Do-it-yourself media relations.
THE EXPERT VIEW: Gordon Maw, MAW Communications.
REAL BRAND STORY: Jess Morgan.
• DAY 21 How not to waste your advertising budget.
THE EXPERT VIEW: Chris Murphy, Chairman, balloon dog.
• DAY 22 Making your brand come alive online.
THE EXPERT VIEW: Mark Cook, Marketing Director, Further Search Marketing.
THE EXPERT VIEW: Stephanie Diamond, President, Digital Media Works, Inc.
THE EXPERT VIEW: Fiona Ryder, Chief Executive Offi cer, StreamExchange.
• DAY 23 A brilliant brand at every touch-point.
REAL BRAND STORY: Mr. Site.
• DAY 24 Design matters.
THE EXPERT VIEW: Scott Poulson, founder of Special Design Studio.
• DAY 25 Your personal brand behaviour.
• DAY 26 How to get your staff to live your brand.
THE EXPERT VIEW: Caroline Rust, owner of WorkShopsWork.
• DAY 27 Why cheaper isn't always better.
• DAY 28 What to do when your brand gets things wrong.
• DAY 29 Brand extension: opportunities and dangers.
REAL BRAND STORY: What makes Pret special?
• DAY 30 Next steps.
MY REAL BRAND STORY: Hemsby & Newport.
References and further reading.
Real Brand Story and Expert View Contributors.
Brand Strategy Guru Speaking and Consultancy.
• Primary market - business start ups, entrepreneurs and small businesses; also those running a small charity or voluntary organisation, education or sports organisation.
• Secondary market - SMEs where there is a marketing manager or marketing director and possibly a marketing team, with limited knowledge of branding
• Those with brand/marketing responsibility in a public organisation or company who perhaps have only a vague idea that 'brand' is important but aren't marketing trained.
• Anyone who is at the 2018hands on/responsible-for-everything' end of the small business market.