How to Work With and Lead People Not Like You: Practical Solutions for Today's Diverse Workplace
Exclusively distributed by Pan Macmillan
The people you work with may be from a different generation, different culture, different race, different gender, or just a different philosophy toward work and life in general, but you need to work together toward a common goal. How to Work With and Lead People Not Like You explains how to dial down the differences, smooth out the friction, and play upon each other's strengths to become more effective, more productive, and less stressed. The keys are to find the common ground and identify hidden conflicts that are hurting productivity.
Part I Working with People Not Like You: How to Build Relationships and Foster Connections across Different Cultures and Values
Chapter 1 "I Used to Just Be Able to Do My Job--Now I Have to Be Politically Correct"
- Diversity Fatigue--Why People Roll Their Eyes When They Hear the Word "Diversity"
- The New Demographics
- Working with People Not Like You is the New Normal
- We're Not Going Back to the Way Things Used to Be
- Resentment is a Choice
Chapter 2 How to Break the Ice, Show Respect, and Build Trust with People Not Like You
- Step 1: Break the Ice by Starting a Conversation
- Step 2: Focus on the Person, Not Their Differences
- Step 3: Find Common Ground--It's There Somewhere
Chapter 3 How Do We Talk about Real Differences in People and Groups That Create Conflict or Hurt Productivity--Without Stereotyping or Offending?
- How to Have a Constructive Conversation about Conflict with People Who Are Different from You
- Four Magic Words That Make It Easier to Start a Conversation about Conflict
Chapter 4 Working with People Who Don't Speak English
Chapter 5 Dealing with People, Groups, or Values You Don't Like: How to Get Along and Work Together Anyway
Part II Leading People Not Like You--How to Get a Diverse Group of People to Trust Each Other and Work Together
Chapter 6 How to Break the Ice and Build Trust in Diverse Work Groups
- Start Here
- How to Break the Ice with Diverse Team Members
- Leading a Virtual Team
- Building Trust
Chapter 7 The Leader's Role: Educating and Setting the Example
- Making "We Value Diversity" Real for Your People
- Dos and Don'ts for Leading People Not Like You
Chapter 8 Dealing with Conflict and Prejudice and Having Hard Conversations about Differences
- Don't Shy Away from Constructive Conflict
- Dealing with Naysayers and Derailers
Chapter 9 Don't Just Hire People Who Are Like You--But Avoid Tokenism
- It's Not as Simple as "The Best Person for the Job"
- Bring It Back to Business
- Don't Hire the Wrong Person--Just to Satisfy a Desire for Diversity
- Top Down Beats Bottom Up
Chapter 10 Navigating the Waters of Promotions and Professional Development
Chapter 11 Making Accommodations for Employees--Do You Have To?
- Telecommuting, Parenthood and Prayers, Oh My!
- Bring It Back to Business