A Textbook of Pharmaceutical Microbiology (With Experiments)
eBook also available for institutional users
Textbook of Pharmaceutical Mircobiology is meant for B. Pharmacy curriculum of this book is essential for pharmacy student because relevance in pharmaceutical industry, particularly in manufacture of parenteral products, ophthalmic products, vaccines, etc. and their aseptic processing and sterilization. This book contains five sections divided into twelve chapters. Section A deals with the scope, history and classification of microorganisms. Sections B and C describe the nutrients and isolation of microorganisms, microbial genetics and sterilization techniques. Section D gives the details of basics of immunology and microbial assays and Section E contains experiments.
1. Introduction to Scope of Microbiology
2. Structure of Bacterial Cell
3. Classification of Microbes and Their Taxonomy
4. Identification of Microbes: Stains and Type of Staining Techniques, Electron Microscopy
5. Nutrition, Cultivation, Isolation of Bacteria, Actinomycetes, Fungi, Virus, etc.
6. Microbial Genetics and Variation
7. Sterility Testing
8. Disinfectants, Antiseptics, and Preservatives
11. Antimicrobial Assay of Antibiotics, Vitamins and Amino Acids