Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
The present volume covers a wide spectrum of issues from Governance to Ethics. What contributes to the survival of a business is its sincerity to the society. Keeping this as the core of the discussion, the book covers the topics including governance practices in India and abroad, the role of board of directors, independent directors, audit committees and auditors. The book also contains discussion on the role of SEBI, stock exchanges and the Government of India. An analysis of the provisions incorporated in the Companies Act, 2013 is unique. Another major part of discussion pertains to the precepts and practice of ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’.
- Ethics: Concept and Sources
- Business Ethics
- Functional Areas of Business and Ethics
- Corporate Governance Abroad
- Corporate Governance in India-An Overview
- SEBI’s First Committee on Corporate Governance[Shri Kumar Mangalam Birla Committee]
- SEBI’s Second Committee on Corporate Governance[Shri NR Narayana Murthy Committee]
- CII’s Task Force on Corporate Governances[Naresh Chandra Committee]
- Clause-49 of Listing Agreement of BSE
- Role of Board of Directors
- Role of Independent Directors
- Role of Audit Committee
- Role of Auditor under the Companies Act, 2013
- Role of Securities and Exchange Board of India [SEBI]
- Corporate Governance Rating Methodologies
- Reporting Practices of Companies on Corporate Governance- Survey of Annual Reports
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Meaning and Scopes
- Corporate Social Responsibility in Today’s Business Context
- Towards an Ethical and Sustainable Organisation
Case Study 1: The Case of ‘Santhara’ – Is it Salvation or Suicide?
Case Study 2: Dadri Incident: It is an Outrage against Freedom of Food?
Case Study 3: Rigging of Diesel Emission Tests by Volkswagen-A Breach of Trust
Case Study 4: Payment of Bribes by Walmart in India
Case Study 5: Coca Cola and the Water Exploitation – Is the Company Drinking the World Dry?
Case Study 6: Corporate Lobbying – Is it Ethical or Unethical?
Case Study 7: Clinical Trials by Pharmaceutical Companies – Are Human beings used as Guineapigs?
Case Study 8: Labour Trouble at Maruti Suzuki’s Car Plant in India: Who is at Fault?
Case Study 9: The Deposits Issue of Sahara – Can it be termed contagious to the Indian Financial System?
Case Study 10: The Gas Dispute between ONGC and Reliance – Is it a Case of Theft?