Laboratory Manual for Electrical Machines, 2ed
Laboratory Manual for Electrical Machines (2nd) edition includes four new experiments in electrical machines so that it can cater to the complete syllabus of undergraduate laboratory courses of electrical machines. This book gives the basic information to the students with the machine phenomenon, working principles and testing methods, etc. It also imparts real physical understanding of various types of electrical machines. The main attraction of this laboratory manual is its power point presentation for all experiments.
- Experiment 1. To Study the Speed Control of a DC Shunt Motor by (a) varying armature voltage with field current kept constant. (b) varying field current with armature voltage kept constant.
- Experiment 2. To Perform Load Test on a DC Shunt Generator.
- Experiment 3. To Perform Open Circuit and Short Circuit Test on a Single-Phase Transformer
- Experiment 4. To Study (a) the Polarity Markings on Single-Phase Transformer Windings and (b) the Operation of an Autotransformer.
- Experiment 5. To Study the Load Test on a Cumulatively Compounded DC Motor.
- Experiment 6. To Study the Load Test on a Three-Phase Induction Motor.
- Experiment 7. To Determine Voltage Regulation and Efficiency of a Single-Phase Transformer by Direct Loading.
- Experiment 8. To Study the Scott-Connection of Transformers (Three-Phase to Two-Phase Conversion).
- Experiment 9. To Study the Variation of Speed and Load Test on Schrage Motor.
- Experiment 10. To Plot V and Inverted V(Λ) Curves of a Synchronous Motor
- Experiment 11. To Determine the Ratio Xq/Xd for Three-Phase Alternator by using “Slip Test”.
- Experiment 12. To Study the Synchronization of an Alternator with an Infinite Bus by “Dark Lamp Method”.
- Experiment 13. To Determine Potier Reactance of Three-Phase Alternator by “Zero Power Factor Lagging Saturation Curve”.
- Experiment 14. To Determine Negative Sequence and Zero Sequence Reactances of Synchronous Generator.
- Experiment 15. To Study the Characteristics of Three-Phase Induction Generator.
- Experiment 16. To Determine Direct Axis Subtransient (Xd”), Quadrature Axis Subtransient (Xq”) Reactances of Synchronous Machine.
- Experiments 17: Determination of B-H Curve of a Magnetic Material
- Experiments 18: To Study and Verify Kirchhoff's Laws Applied to Direct Current Circuits
- Experiments 19: To Study R-L-C Series Circuit
- Experiments 20: To Study R-L-C Parallel Circuit