Computational Fluid Dynamics: Applications in Environmental Hydraulics
|Author||:||Paul D. Bates, Stuart N. Lane, Robert I. Ferguson|
|Remarks||:||Exclusively distributed by CBS Publishers & Distributors|
With the adoption by environmental scientists of CFD models there is a need for a book outlining CFD theory in a manner relevant to environmental applications that is accessible to those who have not done mathematics or physics as a first degree.
Part one will address the basic topics in CFD modelling in a thematic manner to provide the necessary theoretical background. Part Two will include global cases studies showing how CFD models can be used in practice demonstrating how good practice can be achieved, with reference to both established and new applications.
· Computational Fluid Dynamics modelling for environmental hydraulics
· Fundamental equations for CFD in river flow simulations
· Modelling Solute Transport Processes in Free Surface Flow CFD Schemes
· Basic equations for sediment transport in CFD for fluvial Morphodynamics
· Introduction to Statistical Turbulence Modeling for Hydraulic Engineering Flows
· Modelling wetting and drying processes in hydraulic models
· Introduction to Numerical Methods for Fluid Flow
Researchers and professionals in fluvial geomorphology, environmental modelling and water resources; civil engineers, environmental consultants
Reference book for 2/3rd year undergraduates/postgraduates of fluvial geomorphology, environmental modelling, computational fluid dynamics in Departments of Geography, Civil Engineering