Hospitality Marketing Management, 5ed
|Author||:||Robert D. Reid, David C. Bojanic|
Completely revised and updated to include more information on Internet marketing, tourism marketing, marketing technology, and international business, Hospitality Marketing Management, Fifth Edition is a comprehensive, core marketing text. This popular textbook explores marketing and themes unique to hospitality and tourism, with a focus on the practical applications of marketing rather than marketing theory. It provides readers with the tools they need to successfully execute marketing campaigns for a hospitality business, no matter what their specialty.
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITALITY MARKETING.
Chapter 1 The Functions of Marketing.
· Introduction to Marketing.
· The Marketing Mix.
· The Marketing Environment.
· The Marketing Management Cycle.
· Marketing within the Organization.
· Case Study: Location, Location, Location?
Chapter 2 Introduction to Hospitality Services Marketing.
· Introduction to Services Marketing.
· Service Quality.
· Customer Satisfaction.
· Service Trends Affecting the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
· Case Study: Service Quality at the Excelsior Hotel.
· Case Study: Service Quality at Express Airlines.
PART TWO: UNDERSTANDING AND TARGETING HOSPITALITY CONSUMERS.
Chapter 3 Understanding the Behavior of Hospitality Consumers.
· Introduction to Hospitality Consumer Behavior.
· Factors that Influence Consumer Behavior.
· Consumer Decision-Making Model.
· Consumer Problem-Solving Processes.
· Consumer Problem-Solving Techniques.
· Organizational Buyer Behavior.
· Case Study: Tempura Garden.
Chapter 4 Market Segmentation and Positioning.
· Introduction to Market Segmentation.
· Segmentation Variables.
· Market Segmentation Decisions.
· Market Segmentation Strategies.
· Positioning the Product--Service Mix.
· Case Study: Segmenting and Positioning in the Cruise Industry.
PART THREE: MARKETING PLANNING AND INFORMATION.
Chapter 5 Developing a Marketing Plan.
· The Marketing Planning Process.
· Sales Forecasting.
· Case Study: Planning at the Westwind Resort.
Chapter 6 Information Systems for Marketing Decisions.
· Sources of Marketing Information.
· The Marketing Research Process.
· Ethical Issues in Marketing Research.
· Case Study: Bel Air Motel.
· Appendix: Data Collection and Sampling.
PART FOUR: PRODUCT--SERVICE MIX AND DISTRIBUTION STRATEGIES.
Chapter 7 Developing New Products and Services.
· Planning for New Products.
· Organizing for New Product Planning.
· New Product Development Process.
· Identifying Products and Services.
· Case Study: Product Development Dilemma at Rocco's.
· Case Study: Ben's Internship Interview.
Chapter 8 Managing Products and Services.
· Product Life Cycle.
· Applying the Product Life Cycle.
· Other Product Concepts.
· Managing in the Service Environment.
· Case Study: Starbucks Coffee.
Chapter 9 Marketing Channels.
· Channel Strategy.
· Case Study: The Wing Shack.
Chapter 10 Electronic Commerce.
· Management Issues Related to Electronic Commerce.
· Electronic Marketing Strategies and Tactics.
· Case Study: Electronic Commerce Strategy at Malone Golf Club.
· Digital Case Study: Priceline.com.
· Digital Case Study: Orbitz.
PART FIVE: PROMOTIONS STRATEGY.
Chapter 11 Promotion and Advertising.
· Managing the Promotional Mix.
· Advertising Management.
· Planning and Evaluating Advertising Campaigns.
· Effects of Advertising.
· Case Study: The Glen Pub.
· Case Study: Mr. C's Sandwich Shoppes.
Chapter 12 Advertising and Media Planning.
· Print Media.
· Broadcast Media.
· Direct Mail.
· Support Media.
· Case Study: Advertising Decisions for the Alexandria Inn.
Chapter 13 Sales Promotions, Merchandising, and Public Relations.
· Sales Promotions.
· Public Relations.
· Case Study: Princess Suites.
Chapter 14 Personal Selling.
· Selling to Group Markets.
· The Personal Selling Process.
· Personal Selling Tools.
· Ethical Issues in Personal Selling.
· Case Study: Atlantis Resort.
PART SIX: PRICING STRATEGY AND DESTINATION MARKETING.
Chapter 15 Pricing Strategy.
· Factors that Affect Pricing Decisions.
· Broad Pricing Strategies.
· Pricing Techniques and Procedures.
· Segmented Pricing.
· Revenue Management.
· Pricing Law and Ethics.
· Case Study: The Pasta Shack.
Chapter 16 Destination Marketing.
· Destination Product Development.
· Destination Marketing Communications.
· Destination Research.
· Case Study: Paradise Valley CVB.
This book is appropriate for current or potential restaurant, hotel, and resort managers or marketers interested in learning to develop the strategies and tactics that will help them plan and execute successful and targeted marketing programs for their organization.
It is written for the required course in the hospitality curriculum called Hospitality Marketing; Hospitality Marketing Management; or Hospitality and Tourism Marketing.