Leadership Conversations: Challenging High-Potential Managers to Become Great Leaders
Preface: Are you Having Leadership Conversations?
Part 1 The High-Potential Challenges
• Do You Really Want to Be a Leader?
• What Blend of Management and Leadership Mindsets Is Best?
• Have You Had Leadership Conversations Today?
• Where Do You Stand on the Leadership Ladder?
Part 2 Conversations to Build Relationships
• Learn the New Rules
• Your Relationships Define You
• Know Your Strengths and Their Shadows
• People Aren't Machines
• Don't Let Them Assume They Know What You're Thinking
• Embrace Differences
Part 3 Conversations to Develop Others
• The Battle for Talent 91
• The Challenge of Leading Other High Potentials
• Conversations You Must Have
• What Gets in Your People's Way?
• Recognition--Making It All Worthwhile
Part 4 Conversations to Make Decisions
• Develop Your Judgment Gene
• What You Know Is Irrelevant
• Be Curious--Ask Great Questions
• If You Can't Change, Retire
Part 5 Conversations to Take Action
• Moving Smoothly into Action
• Planning Successful Actions
• When Things Change
• Lessons from Success and Failure
• Inspiring People in Turbulent Times
Part 6 Your Leadership Conversations
• Conversations at the Top
• Conversations for Executive Leaders
• Conversations for Managers of Managers
• Conversations for First-Line Managers
• Your Personal Action Plan
About the Authors