Leadership for Dummies
|Author||:||Dr. John Marrin|
|Remarks||:||Exclusively distributed by Penguin Books|
Do you find yourself being asked to lead others but have no idea where to start? Do you lead a team spread across different offices or even continents? In this no-nonsense guide to leadership you will find answers to crucial questions like: what is leadership? And what style of leadership should I be using? You'll discover how to lead your friends whilst remaining their friend; how to lead change in a way that people accept and understand; when and where to draw the line; and how to reflect on your experiences to become a better and more effective leader.
Part I: Introducing Leadership.
• Taking the Lead.
• Pinning Down the Meaning of Leadership.
• Leadership and Management: Two Sides of the Same Coin.
Part II: Leading Yourself.
• Leading 2018Inside Out': Knowing Yourself to Become a Better Leader.
• Singing Your Leadership Song: Being in Tune with Your Values.
• Stepping Up to Leadership: Handling Dilemmas.
Part III: Leading Others.
• Developing a Sense of Purpose.
• Employing the Power of Engaging Leadership.
• Becoming an Engaging Leader.
• Modifying Your Leadership Style.
• Leading People to Peak Performance.
Part IV: Leading People Through Change.
• Diving into a Sea of Change.
• Transforming Workplace Culture: A Leader's Approach.
• Reinforcing a New Culture: Maintaining Your Workplace Changes.
Part V: Leading Different Types of Team.
• Leading Your Own Team.
• Taking on a Project Team.
• Facilitating Virtual Teams.
• Leading Your Senior Management Team.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
• Ten Tips on Taking the Lead.
• Ten Tips for Leading Yourself.
• Ten Tips for Engaging People.
• Managers who are thrust into leadership positions for the first time as well as more experienced leaders who are looking for hints, tips and tricks to make a great impact and become great leaders.
• Students on business and management courses
• Sports coaches and people who run community groups