Markets Never Forget
|Author||:||Ken Fisher, Lara Hoffmans|
Long-time Forbes columnist, CEO of Fisher Investments, and 4-time New York Times bestselling author Ken Fisher shows how and why investors' memories fail them-and how costly that can be. More important, he shows steps investors can take to begin reducing errors they repeatedly make. The past is never indicative of the future, but history can be one powerful guide in shaping forward looking expectations. Readers can learn how to see the world more clearly-and learn to make fewer errors-by understanding just a bit of investing past.
The Plain-Old Normal
• Yes Sir, Sir John
• The Normal Normal
• The Jobless Recovery
• The Always Feared, Rarely Seen Double Dip
Fooled by Averages
• Bull Markets Are Inherently Above Average
• Viva the V
• Normal Returns Are Extreme, Not Average
• The Pause That Refreshes (and Confuses)
• Getting Average Returns Is Hard--Really Hard
Volatility Is Normal--and Volatile
• What the Heck Is Volatility?
• Volatility Is Volatile
• The Daily Grind
• Stocks Are Less Volatile Than Bonds?
• Economic Volatility--Also Normal
• Volatility Isn't Inherently Bad
• Never a Dull Moment
Secular Bear? (Secular) Bull!
• Seeing the World Through Bear- Colored Glasses
• Two Secular Bear Markets?
• Stocks--Up Vastly More Than Down
Debt and Deficient Thinking
• Deficits Aren't Bad, but Surpluses Will Kill You
• The History of Big Government Debt
• Just Who Is at Default Here?
Long- Term Love and Other Investing Errors
• No One Category Is Best for All Time
• Long- Term Love Is Like Long- Term Forecasting--Both Wrong
• It's Still Heat Chasing Even When It Seems Safe
• Use History to Your Advantage
• Enter the Ideology- Free Zone
• Your Party Isn't Better
• Presidents and Risk Aversion
• Perverse Inverse--It's Four and One
• Poli- Tics Go Global
• Poli- Tics Versus Entrepreneurs
It's (Always Been) a Global World, After All
• It's Always Been a Small World
• Seeing the World Right
General business interest readers and individual investors.