Operations, Strategy and Technology: Pursuing the Competitive Edge
Hayes is a founder of the Operations Strategy field, and all four authors are on the Harvard Business School faculty. In Operations, Strategy, and Technology: Pursuing the Competitive Edge--the long-awaited follow-up to the highly successful classic, Restoring Our Competitive Edge--Bob Hayes, Gary Pisano, Dave Upton, and Steve Wheelwright take a fresh look at the foundations of corporate success. This book addresses the basic principles that guide the development of a powerful operations organization, and describes how a company's operating and technological resources can be applied to create a sustainable competitive advantage in today's "new" (global and IT-intensive) economy. Achieving a competitive advantage through superior operations is what the authors refer to as the "operations edge."
· Operations Management Confronts a New Millennium.
· Operations Strategy: Origins and New Directions.
· Capacity Strategy.
· Determining Organizational Boundaries: Vertical Integration and Outsourcing.
· Designing and Managing Operating Networks.
· Information Technology and Operations.
· Creating an Edge Through New Process Development.
· Creating an Edge Through Superior Project Management.
· Evaluating and Justifying Capital Investments.
· Sharpening the Edge: Driving Operations Improvement.
· Guiding the Pursuit of an Operations Edge.