The Principles of Nonlinear Optics
Exclusively distributed by Ane Books
A comprehensive treatment of nonlinear optics emphasizing physical concepts and the relationship between theory and experiment. Systematically describes a number of sub-topics in the field. Up to date references and numerous illustrations will help both beginners and practitioners interested in gaining a more thorough understanding of the subject.
• Nonlinear Optical Susceptibilities.
• General Description of Wave Propagation in Nonlinear Media.
• Electro optical and Magnetooptical Effects.
• Optical Rectification and Optical Field-Induced Magnetization.
• Sum-Frequency Generation.
• Harmonic Generation.
• Difference Frequency Generation.
• Parametric Amplification and Oscillation.
• Stimulated Raman Scattering.
• Stimulated Light Scattering.
• Two-Photon Absorption.
• High-Resolution Nonlinear Optical Spectroscopy.
• Four-Wave Mixing.
• Four-Wave Mixing Spectroscopy.
• Optical-Field-Induced Birefringence.
• Multiphoton Spectroscopy.
• Detection of Rare Atoms and Molecules.
• Laser Manipulation of Particles.
• Transient Coherent Optical Effects.
• Strong Interaction of Light with Atoms.
• Infrared Multiphoton Excitation and Dissociation of Molecules.
• Laser Isotope Separation.
• Surface Nonlinear Optics.
• Nonlinear Optics in Optical Waveguides.
• Optical Breakdown.
• Nonlinear Optical Effects in Plasmas.