Pile Foundations in Engineering Practice
|Author||:||Shamsher Prakash, Hari D. Sharma|
|Remarks||:||Exclusively distributed by CBS Publishers & Distributors|
This is a concise, systematic and complete treatment of the design and construction of pile foundations. Discusses pile behavior under various loadings and types of piles and their installation, including consideration of soil parameters. It provides step-by-step design procedures for piles subject to vertical loading and pullout, lateral, inclined and eccentric loads, or dynamic loads and for piles in permafrost. Also describes load test procedures and their interpretation and buckling of long, slender piles with and without supported length. The closing chapter presents case histories of prediction and performance of piles and pile groups. Includes numerous solved problems.
· Types of Piles and Pile Materials.
· Piling Equipment and Installation.
· Soil Parameters for Pile Analysis and Design.
· Analysis and Design of Pile Foundations for Vertical Static Loads.
· Analysis and Design of Pile Foundations under Lateral Loads.
· Pile Foundations under Dynamic Loads.
· Analysis and Design of Pile Foundations in Permafrost Environments.
· Pile Load Tests.
· Buckling Loads of Slender Piles.
· Case Histories.