Planning and Design of Bridges
Exclusively distributed by CBS Publishers & Distributors
This book addresses virtually all practical problems associated with the planning and design of steel and concrete bridge superstructures and substructures. Drawing on its author's nearly half-century as a bridge designer and engineer, it offers in-depth coverage of such crucial considerations as selecting the optimum location and layout, traffic flow, aesthetics, design, analysis, construction, current codes and government regulations, maintenance and rehabilitation and much more.
• History of Bridges.
• Bridge Location.
• Bridge Layout.
• Crossing the River.
• Structural Bridge System.
• Superstructure--Steel Bridges.
• Superstructure-Reinforced Concrete Bridges.
• Aesthetics in Bridge Design.
• Specifications and Codes.
• Methodological Trends in Design of Bridges.
• Methodology of Preliminary Design.
• Comparison of Alternatives.
• Computer-Aided Design of Bridges.