Plant Cell and Tissue Culture in Liquid Systems
|Author||:||Gregory F. Payne, Venkataraman Bringi, Christopher L. Prince, Michael L. Shuler|
|Remarks||:||Exclusively distributed by Mehul Book Sales|
The recent surge of interest in the production of plant products from cell cultures is creating increased pressure to transfer this technology from the laboratory to commercial practice. This book, created by four of the leading researchers in the field, is specifically designed to help advance commercialization of plant cell culture for secondary metabolite production. It provides a cohesive presentation of the principles and practical applications of large-scale plant cell and tissue culture techniques. This comprehensive survey of the state of the art in this technology: The vast body of knowledge contained in this book will be tremendously useful to biotechnologists, biochemical engineers, industrial microbiologists, plant biologists, pharmaceutical and food industry specialists, and fragrance and flavor manufacturers.
· The Quest for Commercial Production of Chemicals from Plant Cell Culture.
· Structure and Metabolism of Plant Cells.
· Quantifying Growth and Product Synthesis: Kinetics and Stoichiometry.
· Mass Transfer.
· Sparingly Soluble Volatile Components: Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide and Ethylene.
· Suspension Culture.
· Immobilized Plant Cells.
· Root Cultures.
· Shoot Cultures.
· Somatic Embryogenesis.
· Questions and Strategies for Productivity Improvements.