Public Health Nutrition
|Author||:||Michael J. Gibney, Barrie M. Margetts, John M. Kearney, Lenore Arab|
Exclusively distributed by Ane Books
Public Health Nutrition is an essential purchase for students majoring in nutrition and dietetics. Public health nutrition as a subject is growing immensely in importance, taking into account the real potential to reduce the burden of non-communicable chronic disease through diet. Professionals in nutrition, dietetics, food science, medicine, community health care and many related health care areas will all find much of great use within the book’s covers. Libraries in all universities, medical schools and establishments teaching and researching in these subject areas should have several copies on their shelves.
• An Overview of Public Health Nutrition.
• Nutritional Epidemiology.
• Assessment of Nutritional Status in Individuals and Populations.
• Assessment of physical activity.
• Public Health Nutrition Strategies for Intervention at the Ecological Level.
• Public Health Nutrition Strategies for Intervention at the Individual Level.
• Dietary Guidelines.
• Food Choice.
• Public Health Aspects of One nutrition.
• Public Health Aspects of Under nutrition.
• Vitamin A Deficiency.
• Iodine and Iodine-deficiency Disorders.
• Iron-deficiency Anemia.
• Fear of Fatness and Fad Slimming Diets.
• Nutrition and Child Development.
• Infant Feeding.
• Adverse Outcomes in Pregnancy: The Role of Folate and Related B-Vitamins.
• Maternal nutrition, Fetal Programming and Adult Chronic Disease.
• Cardiovascular Disease.
• Diabetes Mellitus.
• Cancer and Diet.
• Disease Prevention: Osteoporosis and Hip Fracture.
• Further reading.