Rediscovering Japanese Business Leadership
|Remarks||:||Exclusively distributed by Times Group Books|
Who are Asia's biggest business leaders? What kind of leadership skills and philosophies do they possess that have put them at the forefront of their respective industries? What unique lessons do they provide? What common traits do they share? How have they managed to steer their companies (and countries) to growth in times of great change or crisis, be it the Asian financial crisis in 1997, the post-bubble malaise that lasted throughout the '90s, or the current global financial maelstrom. What makes these business leaders, in particular, best-equipped to meet the challenges of a 21st century global economy?
In this first title of a new series, learn about the strategies and philosophies that have driven these unique Japanese business managers and their companies to global leadership. Readers can also look forward to subsequent volumes covering China, Korea and other rising Asian-Pacific nations.
· Succeeding by Destroying a Growth Model (Kanemasa Haraguchi, Secom Co., Ltd. (Service).
· In the Right Place, Good Things Sell Themselves (Toshifumi Suzuki, Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd. (Retail).
· Is Something Holding You Back? (Shinzo Maeda, Shiseido Co., Ltd. (Cosmetics).
· The Customer Always Trumps Legacy (Satoru Iwata, Nintendo Co., Ltd. (Video Games).
· Standing with Consumers on Deregulated Ground (Kaoru Seto, Yamato Holdings Co., Ltd. (Land Transport).
· From Japan to the World's Dinner Tables (Yuzaburo Mogi, Kikkoman Corp. (Food).
· Matching Brick-and-Mortar Innovation with the IT Revolution (Tadashi Yanai, Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. (Clothing).
· Growing in a World of Change (Kazuyasu Kato, Kirin Holdings Co., Ltd. (Food).
· Reviving the Engine of Japan Inc. (Akio Mimura, Nippon Steel Corp. (Steel).
· Adversity is a Reversal of Fortune Opportunity (Fumio Ohtsubo, Panasonic Corp. (Electrical Machinery).
· When Business Must Not Come First (Yasuchika Hasegawa, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Pharmaceutical).
· Winning in the New Workplace (Masahiro Sakane, Komatsu Ltd. (Machinery).
· Increasing Management Quality (Fujio Mitarai, Canon Inc. (Electrical Machinery).
· Returning to One's Roots (Akio Toyoda, Toyota Motor Corp. (Automobiles).
· Work Steadily Toward Objectives, Don't Rush Results (Sadayuki Sakakibara, Toray Industries Inc. (Textiles).
General business class, leaders, managers