The Great Workplace: How to Build It, How to Keep It and Why It Matters
|Author||:||Micheal Burchell, Jennifer Robin|
The Great Place to Work Institute develops the annual ranking of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For. In this book, the authors explore the model of a Great Place to Work For-one which fosters employee trust, pride in what they do, and enjoyment in the people they work with. They answer the fundamental question, "What is the business value of creating a great workplace?" and brings the definition of a Great Place to work alive with anecdotes, best practices, and quotes from employees working at the best workplaces in the U.S.
Introduction: The Value of Creating Great Workplaces.
· SAS: Taking Care of Their Greatest Asset.
Credibility: "I Believe in My Leaders."
· PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP: Inspiring Excellence.
· Google: Finding the Googlers in a Very Large Haystack.
Respect: "I Am a Valued Member of this Organization."
· General Mills: Developing Great Managers.
· SC Johnson: A Family Company.
Fairness: "Everyone Plays by the Same Rules."
· Scripps Health: All for One and One for All.
· CH2M HILL: Ownership as a Way of Life.
Pride: "I Contribute to Something Really Meaningful."
· Wegmans Food Markets: Proud of Their Contributions to Communities.
· W. L. Gore & Associates: An Innovative Culture and a Culture for Innovation.
Camaraderie: "The People Here are Great!"
· Camden Property Trust: Building a Fun Community for Employees and Residents
· Microsoft: Geniuses Welcome.
Global Perspectives: Great Workplaces Around the World.
Taking Action: Creating Your Great Workplace.
References and Resources.
About the Authors.
Leaders of companies of all sizes, managers, CEOs, readers in HR functions, companies interested in getting in the annual FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For (more than 300 apply every year), fans of companies in the Fortune's list.