Spanish for Dummies, 2ed
Exclusively distributed by Penguin Books
Spanish For Dummies, 2nd Edition, includes major content updates intended to keep the book on par with the competition. In addition to all the necessary foundational information the Dummies reader needs in order to start speaking Spanish, it features expanded coverage of grammar, verb conjugations and pronunciations, a refreshed and expanded mini-dictionary complete with even more essential vocabulary, more useful exercises and practice opportunities, and much more. The book's CD is also expanded and improved upon with timely, real-world dialogues.
Part I: Getting Started.
· Spanish in a Nutshell.
· Warming Up with Spanish Grammar Basics.
· Getting Started with Basic Expressions.
· Getting Your Numbers, Times, and Measurements Straight.
· Speaking Spanish at Home.
Part II: Spanish in Action.
· Getting to Know You: Making Small Talk.
· Asking for Directions.
· Dining Out and Going to the Market.
· Shopping Made Easy.
· Going Out on the Town.
· Taking Care of Business and Telecommunications.
· Recreation and the Great Outdoors.
Part III: Spanish on the Go.
· Planning a Trip.
· Dealing with Money in a Foreign Land.
· Getting Around: Planes, Trains, Taxis, and More.
· Finding a Place to Stay.
· Handling Emergencies.
Part IV: The Part of Tens.
· Ten Ways to Pick Up Spanish Quickly.
· Ten Things Never to Say in Spanish.
· Ten or So Favorite Spanish Expressions.
· Ten Phrases That Make You Sound Fluent in Spanish.
Part V: Appendixes.
· Appendix A: Mini-Dictionary.
· Appendix B: Verb Tables.
· Appendix C: On the CD.
· Appendix D: Answer Keys.