Corporate Governance: Principles, Mechanisms & Practice
eBook also available for institutional users
Corporate Governance has evolved and grown significantly as a burning issue especially since the mid-nineties following the high-profile collapse of firms such as Enron. The book examines the issue in current context.
· Introduction to Corporate Governance
· History of Corporate Governance
· Concepts of Corporate Governance and Stakeholder
· Corporate Governance Mechanism and Overview
· Principles of Corporate Governance
· Issues Related to Corporate Governance
· Decision System
· Corporate Capital and its Property Rights
· Mechanism and Control
· Performance Monitoring System
· Remuneration System
· Bankruptcy System
· Ownership Structure
· Capital Structure
· Creditor Structure
· Systemic Problem of Corporate Governance
· Corporate Social Responsibility A Promise to Corporate Governance
· Codes and Guidelines
· Rules Versus Regulations
· Enforcement of Regulations
· International Corporate Governance
· Companies in Focus
- Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Hindustan Lever Ltd. (HLL)
- The Aditya Birla Group
- Dabur India Ltd
- ONGC Ltd.
- Royal Philips Electronics
- The Tata Group
- Wipro Technologies Ltd.
- TNPL Ltd.